Sunday, August 7, 2011

Doll Land update: Toni has new stockings

Poor Toni - imagine how she has felt all these years, having to wear her roller skates with her feet bare.  Recently, eBay has come to the rescue and I found a seller who makes stockings that have the right amount of stretch for the older hard plastic dolls.

In the past, I suffered the frustration of stockings that just had a bit of elastic at the top (like a garter.) They are fine for vinyl legs, but not so for hard plastic, which has a much more slick surface. I finally figured out I had to search for stockings made for Cissy or Miss Revlon.

Voila stretchy stockings! Toni finally looks complete.

1 comment:

  1. I have two Sweet Sue dolls with one original box (box in fair condition. Dolls in excellent condition. One doll has pink taffeta long dress with blue velvet bodice and the other is an aqua chiffon long dress. If anyone is interested in purchase, please contact me.
    msgarchi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete